Once a year a puppet show, which is designated as an important cultural property of Japan, is performed in the folk house.
This year, the performance will be ‘Shoutsushi-Asagaobanashi Yadoya ～ Ōigawa’.
The story is depicting the tragedy of Miyuki and Sōjirō, who are separated because of the family quarrel. Miyuki’s overwhelming love for Sōjirō causes her to go blind and become a wanderer.
Before the performance there will be an explanation for beginners. This is a rare opportunity for visitors to see closely, touch, and operate the puppet. Please come and see the various puppet expressions in the show.
- Date: September 24th (Sun.)
- Time:1st performance 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
2nd performance 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
- Fee: adults 1000 yen, students and children 500 yen ※ Up to two tickets per person
- Seating Capacity: 120 people(each time)
- In cooperation with: Sagami Puppet Play, Shimonakaza (designated Important Intangible Folk Cultural Property of Japan)
- Place: (22) The Kudo house
About ticket sales
Tickets are sold in front of the front gate from 11:00 AM on the day of the show. Please tell us the number of tickets and which session you would like to watch.
※ One person can purchase up to two tickets.