There will be demonstrations using traditional carpentry tools, such as Masakari (hatchet), Chona (adze), etc., and workshops for wall painting, using planes, sawing logs, etc.. Not only kids but also adults can participate.
Please come and join the carpentry work with your friends or your family.
- Date: October 6, 2019 (Sunday) ※Small scale in case of rain
- Time: 10:30 ～ 14:30 ※ Until the materials run out
- Place: 11. the Sakuda House
- Fee: 100 yen (including insurance fee; separate museum entrance fee required)
- In cooperation with: Kanagawa Doken Kawasaki Nishi Shibu and others
Demonstrations of crafting pillars from logs using traditional carpentry tools, such as Masakari (hatchet), Chona (adze), etc.
Hut assembly, wall painting, glazing
Planter making (working with nails, cutting with some saws) ※ the planter can be taken home for free, first-come-first-served.
Peeling logs and cutting logs with a saw
※Small scale in case of rain
Display of traditional carpentry tools