See the traditional folk entertainments, such as the kiyari-uta (a song for carrying heavy logs), Shinjō-hayashi-kyokumochi (juggling with music accompaniment, of Shinjō), and Suge-shishi-mai (lion dance of Suge). Those will be performed on the first day of the Golden Week by preservation societies, celebrating together with visitors the 50th anniversary of the Minkaen.
- Date & Time: April 29th (Sat., holiday) 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- How to watch performances: present a numbered ticket and an admission ticket. The numbered tickets will be distributed at the front gate from 10:00 AM, one ticket perperson. From 12:15 PM the tickets will be distributed from Kabuki Stage from Funakoshi.
- Capacity: 220 first comers ※ in case of rain, 70 first comers
- Place: Kabuki Stage from Funakoshi(20) (mat seat)
※ In case of rain, the performance will be held at the study room of Kawasaki Municipal Science Museum (Seishounen – Kagakukan).
- Performance by: Kawasaki-koshiki-shōbō-kinenkai, Suge-shishimai-hozonkai, Shinjyō-kyōdo-geinō-hayashi-kyokumochi-hozonkai
※ Because of the performance the Kabuki Stage from Funakoshi (including the Naraku underground passage ) will be closed for visitors for the day. The Traditonal Indigo Dyeing Workshop will also closed, and there will be a temporary entrance in front of Ikutaryokuchi Park office.
※ Tripods, monopods, etc. are not allowed.
At opening time (12:15 PM), we will start calling numbers in batches of ten. Show your numbered ticket and the Minkaen admission ticket to the staff when entering.
※ Reentering is allowed.