The Buntō style house is a part of the culture of southern Japan. Its research has begun during the so-called ‘Yashi-no- Mi’ period in 1899 and has gone through many twists and turns, but there is no established theory yet. The survey of Buntō style houses in Abō was started in 1968 by Nittō Kazuhiko and others in Chiba University as a graduation research. For this event, Mr. Nittō will present current theories about Buntō style houses in Abō, split over two lectures.
- Date: Feb. 4th & 11th, (Sun.)
- Time: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- Fee: 1,500 yen
- Participants: over high school students, and over
- Capacity: 30 people
- Lecturer: Nittō Kazuhiko(a former guest professor of Tokyo National Univ. of Fine Arts and Music)
- Dead line: by Jan. 24th (Wed.)
Please send a reply-postcard(new, 62 yen version)）or an e-mail addressed to Nihon Minkaen. The postcard or email should contain the following information: name (phonetic in hiragana/katakana), address, phone number, name of workshop, and the date.
- Applications are also accepted at the front and the west ticket office (the Traditional Indigo Workshop)
- Reply with result and confirmation will be sent after the deadline.
- If the applicants are over the capacity, we will draw lottery.
【Application destination: Nihon Minkaen】
Address: Nihon Minkaen, 7-1-1 Masukata Tama-ku Kawasaki city 214-0032